ASFMRA Three Approaches to Value
Format: The course consists of six chapters and a final assessment. Each chapter includes instructional screens, examples, interactions, and knowledge check questions.
Course Length: 3 - 4 hours
Completion Requirements: To complete the course, you must complete all six chapters and pass the final assessment.
CE: 4 hours of ASFMRA CE + 1 hour of ASFMRA CE for the exam
Objectives: After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Recall and apply each of the three approaches to value (Income, Cost, and Sales Comparison) to any valuation assignment
• Identify valuators as compared to appraisers, as well as valuation assignments as compared to appraisals
• Arrange the five steps of the valuation process
• Identify tools utilized by valuators when forming an opinion of value
• Differentiate between rising markets, falling markets, and stable markets
• Recognize reasonableness vs. perfections within the confines of a valuation assignment
• Define the reconciliation process
- PC or Mac computer with an up-to-date browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Do not use Internet Explorer.
- Stable broadband connection
- Disable all pop-up blockers